Fylde RFC works with several different schools, colleges and other organisations on the Fylde Coast and wider area. Our Community Department provides specific rugby coaching and general sports coaching across a range of disciplines and activities to a wide range of ages and abilities.
As a Community Rugby Coach at Fylde Rugby Club you will report to the Head of Community and be responsible for delivering coaching across a multitude of different programmes throughout the community and at schools and colleges.
You will establish and develop relationships with the wider community by delivering a quality coaching service to those you engage with. To succeed in this role, you must have current experience of coaching Rugby Union (or another sport) to young people and adults in a range of environments and be engaging, personable and confident.
- To deliver high quality coaching sessions to people of all ages, genders and abilities, within schools, colleges, rugby clubs and the local community.
- To ensure safety and welfare of all participants during coaching and training sessions.
- To take a professional approach to the planning, preparation and organization of coaching and training sessions.
- Report participant and session data to the Head of Community at Fylde RFC, as and when required.
- To maintain a sound knowledge of the club’s safeguarding policies, reporting procedures and process of communication.
- To deliver and assist in the planning and promotion of, camps, festivals and tournaments.
- Subject to enhanced DBS application check. (Essential)
- Possess an NGB Level 2 sports coaching qualification in rugby union or another sport or evidence to show you are working towards this. (Essential)
- First Aid qualified. (Essential)
- Safeguarding certificate or evidence of recent safeguarding training. (Desirable)
- Experience in delivering sports coaching to a range of ages and abilities. (Essential)
- Experience in either of the state or independent education sectors. (Desirable)
- Clean and valid UK driving licence. (Essential)
- Committed to equal opportunities in employment and sport. (Essential)
The contract will be on a casual basis with hours as and when required, rates of pay start from £15.00 per hour for the right applicant.
Please email your CV and covering letter to Gavin Butterworth, Head of Community, Fylde RFC at email@example.com or call 07534 321418 for more details.